While other rifles may talk the talk, this one would prefer to walk the walk. For example, there are guns that tout being SUB-MOA, but this one will guarantee it from its Vanguard action, hammer-forged barrel, and match-grade trigger. Someone might expect to pay dearly for a guarantee like that, but we’re proud to say that this is the best value at Weatherby for that degree of accuracy. When taking the Vanguard Synthetic hunting, don’t think this one has to be babied because of the precision. The Vanguard Synthetic, with a Griptonite® stock and all surfaces is designed to repel the harshest conditions.
- All Vanguard rifles are guaranteed to shoot a 3-shot group of .99” or less at 100 yards (SUB-MOA) from a cold barrel when used with Weatherby® factory or premium ammunition within Two-Years of Verified Purchase Date to Original Purchaser.
- Adjustable Match Quality, Two-stage Trigger
- Fluted Bolt Body
- One-piece Machined Bolt Body
- Fully Enclosed Bolt Sleeve
- Vanguard Recoil Pad
- 3-Position Safety
- Cold Hammer Forged Barrel
- Integral Recoil Lug
- Drop-Box Magazine Models: .240 WBY MAG / .25-06 REM. / .270 WIN. / .30-06 SPRG.
- Monte Carlo Griptonite® stock
- Pistol grip and forend inserts
- Right side palm swell (aids shooter comfort and control)
BARREL AND METALWORK:
- Bead blasted matte finish
- #2 contour barrel
- Barrel length is 26” for magnum chamberings & 24” for non-magnum and 240 Wby Mag